1. equitable use: design is useful and marketable to people with diverse abilities.
2. Flexibility of use: design accommodates wide range of individual preference and abilities.
3. Simple and Intuitive Use: use of design is easy to understand, regardless of users experience, knowledge, language skills, or concentration levels.
4. Perceptible Information: design communicates necessary information effectively to the user, regardless of ambient conditions or users sensory abilities.
5. Tolerance of Error:design minimizes hazards and adverse consequences of accidental or unintended actions.
6. Low Physical Effort: design can be used efficiently and comfortably and with minimum fatigue.
7.Size and Space for Approach and Uses: Appropriate size and space is provided for approach, reach, manipulation, and use regardless of user’s size, posture, or mobility.
Using these principles I will be studying how barcelona deals with the issue of accessibility and universal design as it regards to the visual, physical, mental and cultural aspects of a space.